Friday, April 1, 2016

Best Dry Fly Leader setup.

We often get asked questions about rigging / setting up our Furled Leaders.

Below is a graphic I put together to show / explain the different set-ups.  Even through I have
access to thousands of leaders, I typically keep one leader tied onto my dry fly lines all season long.  Because of this, I Nail Knot the leader to my fly line.  For most of the past 20 years I have been fly fishing, I most often used the loop 2 loop connection for leader to fly-line.

60% of our customers use our Cutthroat Furled leader with Loop on Fly line end and ring on tippet end.  Just add 4'-0" of 5x tippet....

The next group is about 20% of fishers use the loop on the fly line end and the loop on the tippet
end.  Just make a perfection knot in your tippet and attach loop to loop  Stronger than the tippet ring.

15% of our customers tie the thread furled leader to the flyline with a 3-wrap nail knot.

The last group, about 5% of fly fishers use the nail knot to the fly line and the double surgeons knot to connect tippet to leader.  This system offer the very best transition of energy from line, leader to tippet.

If you have any additional questions, please email me @:  mike@cutthroatleader.com


www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment